With Summer here (some would say fast approaching) – there is nothing better than creating a summer salad with fresh, punchy and vibrant flavours. Thanks to Rekorderlig for sending through this recipe for you all to try – which incorporates their fresh new Premium Pomegranate flavour. Try it out for yourself and comment if you do and what you thought about the flavour combination.
Below is a recipe created by My Kitchen Rules winners Sammy and Bella. Check out their website www.sammyandbella.com for more delicious recipes! ENJOY!
Rekordelig cider was first created in 1999 with the purest spring water from Vimmerby in Sweden. They are stocked in a wide range of Australia’s favourite bars and retailers and is continuing to laucnh in new countries all around the world – maintaining its proud Swedish heritage.
Rekordelig is a typically Swedish fusion of high-end, premium design and modesty, it has a clear identity that sets it apart from others.
Enjoyed by those who yearn for something refreshingly different, join Rekorderlig on a journey of exploration, innovation and invigoration.
For more information & stockists please refer to http://www.rekorderlig.com/au/
1 cup pearl cous cous
40ml olive oil
1 eschallot, finely chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
½ a bunch mint leaves picked whole
¼ a bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 roasted and marinated red capsicums, sliced
½ pomegranate (seeds removed)Dressing
200mL Rekorderlig Pomegranate Cider
40mL Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and PepperMethod
1) Place cous cous, chopped eschallot and olive oil in a pot
2) Fry on a medium heat with a pinch of salt until cous cous has lightly caramelised and eschallots have softened.
3) Add vegetable stock and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, adding some water if it gets too dry and stir from time to time.
4) Once cous cous has softened but is still al dente, drain and allow to cool.
5) For the dressing, reduce the Rekorderlig cider in a saucepan by 3/4 .
6) Next whisk in the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper into the dressing.
7) Mix together cooled cous cous, herbs, sliced capsicum and dressing.
8) To finish, crumble the feta over the dish and sprinkle with fresh Pomegranate